On February 14, 2017 The Badminton and Racquet Club of Toronto went up in flames. The damage was “astronomical”,  a six-alarm blaze destroyed a historic athletic club in midtown Toronto. The Toronto firefighters did a superb job  preventing the fire from spreading to nearby buildings and making sure everyone was safely secured.  The Badminton & Racquet Club of Toronto was extremely grateful for the bravery and professionalism from the Firefighters and wanted to honour them with a breakfast. However, Fire Services chose to accept this honour by requesting that the Badminton &  Racquet Club provide breakfast for all of the children at The Children’s Breakfast Clubs at Warden Avenue Junior Public School. So, on Tues., Apr. 25th the children at The Warden Avenue Junior Public School received a hot, delicious and nutritious breakfast that was cooked and served by the entire crew: The Badminton & Racquet Club of Toronto, The Fire Services and The Children’s Breakfast Clubs staff. It was a fantastic day filled with big smiles, and laughter. A great tragedy turned into something beautiful.